Thursday 19 July 2007

PST and other things.

Well it is PST (Pink Shirt Thursday) once again and I had the pleasure to have lunch today with none other then the veritable PST man himself Monty which was of course lovely. Very tasty indeed, and the lunch wasn't bad either..lol

Here is a pic taken by Monty on my PDA.



There is very little to report this week as I have been on leave and doing very little aside from vegetating at home and completely relaxing, which really is what I needed.

Someone did ask me about the meaning, or more accurately, the derivation of the user name altraeis that I use for just about all my online chats and the like. Well I thought about how to answer this and tried to come up with some exciting reason, but instead I will tell you the truth, and that is, that it is a made up name.

Many years ago I was getting mighty annoyed at having quite a few different user names and passwords for all these different web sites. Was getting to the point of mass confusion on my part. So I decided I needed a unique user name.

For those that don't know, I am a Pagan and so I performed a small spell casting before I went to sleep one night to help find a name. I awoke the next morning quite forgetting the spell and went to work as normal. After I got home I went to log in and I typed altraeis instead of the usual user name for that site. I just looked, smiled and thanked the Goddess..... and there you have it.

This will probably be my last post for a week as the Guvnr and I are off to Wellington New Zealand in the early hours of Saturday morning for a week and a well earned break. Will make sure I take plenty of pics and post all about the holiday once we get back. I have a new digital SLR camera now, so I certainly have no excuses now.

My sister and her husband got a Nintendo Wii for Christmas and through a website for that you are able to make up a cartoon type character of yourself. Not very accurate, but as close as one can with a computer generated program. So here is what we came up with for me....



Have fun with whatever you are all doing over the next week and I shall speak again on return from the land of the long white cloud.

Hugs to you all....

7 comments:

Campbell said...

Sounds like you continue to have a great leave Simon, with more in store. Thanks for you latest comment on my blog. Interesting comment about us making a choice to be vulnerable. Too true!
Enjoy NZ and we look forward to hearing all about it on your return.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time in NZ, get yourself pampered just as I do the dog

Litzi said...

Hi Altraeis,
Have a wonderful time in New Zealand! How fortunate that you're able to get away for a week....ENJOY!!!!

Katiekat said...

Woot! i got a mention :P Have a awesome holiday! And dont forget to pack some long johns lol.

Monty said...

It was a lovely lunch Simon! Enjoyed it immensely! Have a great time and we'll see ya at the Bloggers Meet! Hugs!

Unknown said...

ooohh i love new zealand!!!! did you go skiing? hope all well.:)

Unknown said...

oh ps i was going to say, but forgot, that last week i bought the perfect shirt on sale at katmandu...i have cycled in it three times and i love it..so i went back today to get another...but the only one in my size was...pink....i ummed and awwed and didnt know what to do...its the perfect material and fit...but it was PINK...lol in the end when two sales people confirmed that indeed the color was hideous i decided not to buy it...hehehe.:)