Sunday 1 July 2007

Another Week - But with a good ending

Well another week has sped past with no posting till now. Seems work just keeps getting in the road of a good social life ... lol

As busy as it was, it was good in a sense as it was my last day on the ship, and I am now on a five (5), yes you heard it right 'FIVE', week leave period before I move down the coast into my new position as the Clinical Manager of the base's Health Centre.

Aside from work, the week went well with the Tuesday night acting class going really well and I actually did manage to get all my lines out and not get too nervous when up in front of the whole class. Just over a week now till the big day.

Last night was the best night of the week with the arrival of my son Callum from Melbourne on the very last plane into Sydney airport. It is always awesome to see him again and after not seeing him since January, there has been quite a growth in him. Not to mention the new 'apparentley in fashion' long shaggy hair.



So the plan for the five weeks goes something like this:

Week One - With Callum, including a few days out in Dubbo to see the grandparents on Callum's birthday.

Week Two - Nothing but ME ME ME ..... No plans just relax and indulge and go out.

Weeks 3&4 - Guvnr and I are off to Wellington for a week which will be great. Some time for ourselves for a change.

Week 5 - Nothing but ME ME ME again, lol. Which ends with my going back into work for a couple of hours to get promoted, woohoo!!!

Now that I have no work, there will be no excuse for me not to post more frequently. As a penance I will post here a man of the week I came across and thought very worthy to be displayed for all to see.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

1: Enjoy having your son around.
2: Enjoy your ME time
3: Enjoy the together time
4: Congrats on your promotion, something we knew already but did not know when it was due
5: Is that a man on the side?! and do we get to see the full monty?[and I don't mean Ben]

Anonymous said...

does anyone think it odd a man putting such a collection of photos together? his own naked bum,obvisously naked front covering his genitals, naked men and a child. Is this is son? What audience is this blog targeted at ?

T said...

I think that is 'Matthew' from Randy Blue !

Have fun with your son during school holidays !!

Judging from anonymous' comment he is clueless - blogs are about all of our lives as workers, spouses, fathers, and gays.

Monty said...

Clueless is not the word TomCat! What a nitwit anon is! Why do people insist on being so negative about everything? If you can't say something good, then shut the hell up! That's my philosophy!
Keep it up Simon! We're fans of your blog! Hugs!

Katiekat said...

obviously not targeted at a prudish audiance anyway! i hate people that dont pay attention to things more so when they make a comment about them! grrr
*grabs her pitchfork!*

Cant wait to see you guys tomorrow!

Campbell said...

Hope the week with Callum went well Simon. My son also went through the long hair phase a couple of years ago, but is shorter now, so it may not last.
Hope the next week of ME ME ME goes well. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.