Tuesday 6 November 2007

Cup Day

Hello again one and all, seems every time I say Im back and will keep the blog up to date I get busy and can't ... so I wont...lol

Today of course was the Melbourne Cup and down here they really get into the swing of things. Half day for most people. Spent the rest of the day in the Mess having a few drinks and doing the sweeps. No luck there I'm afraid.

I find it quite fascinating how one small sporting event can have evolved to such a major international event, simply astounds me.

----------------------------------------------

Things down here are much the same, though I am starting to feel more a part of the furniture, so to speak, and getting used to the new routines and how things are done.

I have even started up dancing lessons again. Started a beginners ballroom class when I was last here 6 years ago. Started up again and going Wednesday night for Latin class and Thursday night for Ballroom. A lot of fun and a really nice bunch of people there. So that will keep me occupied for a while.

That's about it for now....hope all are well

Simon

XOX

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear you settling in Simon, and even better to hear you're dancing - nice one! Missed the Cup of course, but there's always next year...stay well, and see you soon (about three-four weeks). Sam

sattvicwarrior said...

good grief. GREAT PIC for " man of the moment"
if I didnt have so much money, and a HUGE virle membrane and a matched set of luggage and was gay i would be on him like white on rice!!!..
oh forget it . the shorts are to preppy. it TOTALLY ruins the image.
i prefer it when MEN are MEN and the SHEEP are NERVOUS..[ its a guy thing i think] but then again ?? one never knows.

altraeis said...

Hey Sam, great to hear from you. So looking forward to catching up again when you get home. Feels like you have been gone for such a long time.

Dancing is going really well and even having a pvt lesson each week. A lot of fun.

Hey satt, def a man thing. I certainly wouldn't say no. lol