Wednesday 11 July 2007

The Day After ...

WOW, it all went so well last night. Feel so relieved but proud all at the same time. A real sense of achievment woohoo

I was starting to get quite nervous during the afternoon, but managed to control my breathing and was doing ok. Got to the Theatre and we started setting the place up and getting our props in the right spot etc etc and all was well.

Then we had a run through for the first time on stage in front of the lights, but without the audience, i freaked and forgot my lines three times. I felt like walking out right there and then and felt like I was letting everyone down.

This is one of my biggest fears and the reason why I decided to do the acting course, im fine till im up in front of everyone and know that everyone is looking at ME.

But I told myself to stay and just do it, if I forget my lines I will just improvise and say anything, as long as I didn't let everyone else down.

When we were all offstage waiting for our entrance we ALL got very very nervous but thankfully we all realised at the same time and we had a bit of a chuckle which helped settle the nerves somewhat.

Then it was on with the show and as they say, it WAS all right on the night. We all did really well with no forgotten lines or any major dramas and the audience loved it all and we got a huge reaction.

Thank you to those that came to see us and thank you to all those who have given me words of support over the past few months. It was and is very much appreciated and respected.

I have contacted my boss to be down the Coast and arranged to leave work early on Tuesday afternoons so I can drive back to Sydney to do Level 2 Acting ..........!!

Thanx to you all

Huggles XOX

5 comments:

T said...

big hugs and congrats - it is quite an acheivement to overcome such nerves !

Unknown said...

wow thats cool simon- i dont regularly read your blog, ok ok this is the first time, but thought id stop by and say hi. how inspiring to try something new. im thinking of doing the same-- either climbing or kayak... anyway congrats on a great acheivement. hi to the other half too. im sure i will see you again at some point.

Campbell said...

So are you going to remain a stage star, or might we see you on the TV soon?

altraeis said...

Thanx guys, much appreciated and yes, a great sense of achievement indeed.

The other half sends hugs Lynnette and when we are down south again we will pop in for a visit. We get there about once a year to see a few friends.

No campbell, somehow I don't think i will get picked up by a talent scout anytime soon. hahaha

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!!!


I can only imagine doing live performance....